Sunday, November 28, 2010

Visiting Prague Castle

The next day Ching Yee and I decided to visit Prague Castle. Like you guys have seen, Prague Castle is amazing, beautiful, gorgeous, whatever aesthetically pleasing adjective you can think of works here. Like I mentioned previously I took what must have been a billion pictures of Prague Castle, but I'll spare you guys all of them. I'll probably just show like 10 pictures of the same castle. =P Just kidding... I'm trying really hard not to show the same picture over and over.


Just a reminder of what Prague Castle looks like from a distance. We'll be going a little more up close in this blog entry.

Prague Castle is the largest castle in Europe. Its history dates back to 870 AD. Of course over that span of time it has been added upon, destroyed and rebuilt. The castle has been home to Bohemian Kings, Holy Roman Emperors, and is still in use by the current Czech Republic government.


One the way to the castle I got hungry so I stopped to get a Eurohotdog. This guy working the stand tried to rip me off by short changing me. I'm not sure if it was an honest mistake or if he was just a jerk. Anyway after that we walked up to the castle.


Holy crap, is that truck going to fit? Plus check out the guards, they reminded me of cold war style guards.


It fit, just barely, but check out the scurfs at the top of the arch... apparently not everything fits through there cleanly.

You can get some incredible views of Prague from the castle. Here's a couple views:





Continuing on into the Castle...

You'll find this statue of a naked guy by some toy musuem as you walk past those guards from earlier. Check out which part of his body has turned gold from being touched. I'll give you a clue: it's his wiener. Pretty good clue huh?













Not everything was open in Prague Castle because when we were there it was their independence day. Oh well.

Ching Yee's expensive journalist camera broke on her trip. She'd been without a camera for some time already. She basically said I took a bunch of stupid pictures, which to be fair, is correct. :) She took a few pictures with my camera, I'm sure the quality of he photos were hampered with my simple point and shoot camera, but I still love my old cannon SD400.


No comments: