- Bora Bora in the South Pacific. Amazing snorkling and diving, recommended to take a boat and circle the small island. Sleep in huts over the crystal clear water. (update... apparently this is a honeymoon spot)
- Mesa Verde National Park, home to the famous cliff dwellings in Colorado, USA.
- Canyon de Chelly is a national park in Arizona, USA with beautiful rock imagery and home to a community of Navajos. Picture of Navajos from 1904. Administrative History of Canyon de Chelly, published in 1976 (PDF).
- Cappadocia Valley in Turkey, a supposed hidden geological beauty.
- Dive the Blue Hole over in Belize. You need an advanced PADI or SSI certification to do this dive. It's supposed to be just an amazing dive.
- Top 10 dive spots in the world. Original link is dead, here's another. I'm going to list the spots from the second link incase that goes down too.
9. Bali, Indonesia
8. Great Barrier Reef, Australia
7. Palau, Micronesia
6. Cozumel, Mexico
4. Galapogos Islands, Ecuador
3. Cayman Islands
2. Papua New Guinea
1. Costa Rica
- Tsaparang, site of the lost kingdom of Tibet.
- I guess in the future oil rigs will be converted to luxurious eco-resorts. Seems interesting, and expensive, but I bet the diving there would be unbelievable! Check out this story.
- Ithaa underwater restaurant. link.
- Going to Stockholm Sweeden? Try sleeping in Jumbo Hostel, a 747 plane that's been converted into a hostel.
- Not really high on my list, but wanted to note the world's tallest state is the Spring Temple Buddha Statue in China.
- Sedlec Ossuary, a chapel in the Czech Republic. Like bones? Human bones? Everything inside is made of human bones! COOOOOOOOOOOOOL!
- I've been to Yosemite many times as a while with my family, but we never went off the beaten track. This link covers: Lambert Dome, Bodie, White Wolf, Glacier Point, Taft Point, Mariposa Grove, and the Hike to Stanford Point.
- The Unknown Brazil: Boca de Valeria, Manaus, Santarem & Parintinis. link.
- Some people say paris can be a disappointment.... other suggestions: chateaux de la loire, bau de provence, aix en provence.
- Maldives. Deep blue seas, turquoise reefs, white sandy beaches, palm trees and what appears to be beautiful diving, visit their tourism website.
- Scuba dive with dolphins! http://www.anthonyskey.com/en/index.html