Sunday, October 31, 2010

Day 3: Day Trip Part 2: Volendam

Next it was back on the bus and off to Volendam. Voldendam is a catholic fishing village where the people still speak their own dialect of Dutch. They are known to enjoy drinking, dancing, soccer and have some well known singers. The tour guide said she was not a fan of their music, but that is a matter of personal taste.

On the way to Volendam the tour guide pointed out this windmill as one that pumped water.

The town itself is a sleepy little town and quite boring. We had only about an hour to spare so I wandered around a bit and grabbed some lunch.


Homes in Volendam


Dutch Dolls








I ate some small pancakes and then this quick little mixed fish dish because it was almost time to get on our boat to leave. I had spent my free time wandering around instead of choosing a real restaurant.

Small Pancakes, a snack I had.

Some mixed fish dish I had because I was in a rush to get to the meeting point. I think it was around 6 euros.

Other random foods which I thought looked nasty:
herring.... yuck





Finally it was on to a boat ride to Marken.
My last view of Voldendam while on my boat ride to Marken.

No comments: