Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Random Bangkok Pictures and Thoughts

Bangkok was a wonderful change of pace from China. The people were so nice, the weather was gorgeous, it only rained a little bit, and I was able to take my time and relax with my gf who had joined me. At this point I was a little tired from the traveling and sight seeing so I decided I would not push myself in Bangkok. I wouldn't try and see as much as possible and I wouldn't go out of my way to eat local foods if I suddenly decided I'd like a burger.

The temples were really beautiful, though I think Thailand suffers from schizophrenia. On one hand the people revere Buddha and following Buddha's teachings is highly regarded, however there is also so much smut. The smut is easily avoided though and I did not encounter any of it in Bangkok. Just stay away from the districts.


Some random pictures from my time at Bangkok.
Performers in the lobby of Twin Towers Hotel - where I stayed

Pool at Twin Towers

Traditional Thai Dance

Traditional Thai Dance



Traditional Thai Weapon Fighting





And of course for giggles...
I couldn't help but crack up at the name of this massage parlor. I did not try it out myself.

The new metro in Bangkok... off to On Nut.

Yes... the title is Sexy Dogs. I don't know why it was being sold in the bus station in Bangkok but it was. After a little hunting though I think I found it on amazon:


No comments: