Monday, January 19, 2009

My Hostel and Random Pictures

I stayed at The Siem Reap Hostel. I would highly recommend them. They were clean, affordable, safe, and took care of all my transportation needs, including my tuk tuk to Angkor Wat. They charge fair prices, there is no negotiations so you will not get ripped off. The people working here were all really nice and very honest. I tried to pay in advance for my ride to Angkor and the driver said with a smile he couldn't take it in case he ran off with the money, instead he said pay after the trip. Apparently it's not uncommon for random tuk tuk drivers tourists hire to strand their clients if they receive money before hand. The tuk tuk drivers were all employed by the hostel so there were no worries about that, but they had their policies to follow.
My tuk tuk driver.

My room.

The Temple outside my room.

Lounge and TV.

Pool Table.

The view on the street outside my hostel.


Some pictures along the road:



A Korean Restaurant. Yep, you can get Korean BBQ in Cambodia! Actually much of the money coming into Cambodia for development is from South Korea.

Kids playing along the road.

River by the town sqaure.

Angkor Beer

Danger Mines!!! Cambodia

No comments: