Friday, October 22, 2010

Amsterdam First Impressions

I arrived in Amsterdam without any major issues. I was a little confused getting my train ticket from the airport to Amsterdam Central but I'll chalk this up to not having traveled for a little while.

First impressions of Amsterdam:
There's graphite everywhere leaving the train station. I was surprised, I thought graphite was an American thing.

I thought it was funny that the first windmills I saw were modern ones next to a factory bellowing out smoke.

Dutch people do not seem friendly at all. If you ask them a question they will answer it, but they won't go out of their way to help you or give you extra information.

It is really frickin freezing here.

I can't find the god damn street names. Luckily the directions to my hostel were pretty clear even without the street names.

No comments: