- I feel like I have been gone much longer than 22 days, the days don't just fly by like when I had a job. I don't just look forward to just the weekends, I look forward to everyday. Maybe that's the difference.
- Speaking of weekends... Sometimes I dread weekends because everyone is out. Everyplace I want to go becomes crowded and sometimes more expensive. I can't wait until Monday because that means another four days without the crowds.
- I haven't exercised regularly, but I have been losing some weight. I'm still not great shape, but my pants are looser, even with having gone to mcdonald's a few times.
- I cannot stand the weather in asia.... hot and humid, hot and humid, and more hot and humit. Mix in scattered showers while it's hot and humid, and a typhoon. I'm spoiled being from Southern California, and I always took it for granted. Just sitting around I sweat like crazy.
- Mom and Dad, and Grandpa and Grandma, thank you SOOOOOOOOO much for going to the United States to provide a better future for you children and your children's children. It's not that I'm not happy at the places I've been, it's just that after seeing some of what people here do on a day to day basis I'm so glad I was born and raised in America.
- Street Vendor food is awesome.... to die for. Just make sure you bring some Immodium, then you can go to town.
- The hardest decisions I deal with are: crap I just saw a snake should I keep hiking up this trails? And: hmmmm, which city should I goto next.
- My supposed antimicrobial (thus antistink) towel smells awful, and I washed it!
- Deet doesn't work. Blood sucking insects love me.
- I don't feel stressed everyday, I hope my white hairs have stopped sprouting out at the torrid rate it did before.
- Life is good.
Friday, September 19, 2008
Life Update 1
So as I sit here today it's been 22 days since I began my trip. A few things have changed.